What is affiliate tracking software and why do you need it?
Affiliate tracking software enables you to build a network of affiliate partners that promote your website on a pay-for-performance basis. These affiliates (or, media partners, as we call them) place advertisements in their website content, blog, an email or online shopping experience. Affiliate promotions drive traffic to your site, but the affiliate only gets paid if one of the visitors they refer completes a purchase or another action such as filling out a form.
The Benefits of Affiliate Program Software
Affiliate program software can help you track, manage, and run a profitable affiliate marketing campaign.
The function varies by vendor but here are the basics and some advanced features that will save you time:
- Create a branded sign-up form where your affiliates can sign-up
- Allow affiliates to view ad creative download tracking code to place on their website
- Easily set different payment terms for different affiliates including:
1. Cost-per-action refers to paying a fixed fee for an event such as an online registration
2. Cost-per-lead refers to paying for filling out a lead form
3. Cost-per-sale is what retailers typically use, typically expressed as a percent of sales
- Ability for you and your affiliates to see stats as to the results of the marketing efforts. The capabilities here vary greatly by vendor.
- Accurately pay your affiliates for the actions generated
Advanced affiliate tracking software solutions
Advanced affiliate tracking software can offer even more features such as the following:
- Negotiate terms inside the software suite
- Automate your payments to publishers
- Track mobile app installs and pay for mobile events
- Create bonus structures for driving performance from your partners
- Interface with the application through web-services, enabling you to build your own secret sauce on top of the system.
To learn more about affiliate marketing, please schedule an appointment with one of our marketing technology experts by completing the form to the right.